Stanford University is a prestigious private research university located in Stanford, California, USA, it is one of the world’s leading educational institutions known for its academic excellence, cutting-edge research, and vibrant campus life, Stanford has consistently been at the forefront of innovation and has produced numerous groundbreaking discoveries, influential alumni, and renowned faculty members.
Stanford University provides an extensive selection of undergraduate and graduate programs encompassing diverse disciplines. It comprises seven schools, including the School of Humanities and Sciences, the School of Engineering, the Graduate School of Business, the School of Medicine, the School of Law, the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, and the School of Education.
Each school offers rigorous academic programs and fosters a culture of interdisciplinary collaboration, encouraging students to explore multiple areas of study, it is internationally recognized for its research prowess, with faculty and students undertaking groundbreaking research in diverse fields such as science, technology, engineering, humanities, social sciences, medicine, and business. Stanford is home to many research centers and institutes that facilitate interdisciplinary research and collaboration.
- Host University: Stanford University;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Masters, MBA, MBBS, PhD Levels;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Engineering, Medicine Biosciences, Humanities and Sciences, Business, Earth, Energy, and Environmental Sciences, Education, and Law.
- Application Deadline: October 11th, 2023.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship is available for Masters, MBA, MBBS, and PhD students in the fields of Engineering, Medicine Biosciences, Humanities and Sciences, Business, Earth, Energy, and Environmental Sciences, Education, and Law at the Stanford University, USA.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program at Stanford University provides approximately 100 fully funded awards to students worldwide, enabling them to pursue their degrees at Stanford University. The program covers all expenses, relieving scholars from financial burdens and allowing them to concentrate on their studies. It encompasses a wide range of fields and majors, offering opportunities for students across diverse disciplines. The scholarship duration is up to three years for a Master’s degree and can extend up to six years for a Ph.D.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship is a fully funded opportunity in the United States designed specifically for international students. Through the Stanford University Scholarship Program, under the Knight-Hennessy initiative, it provides comprehensive financial support, covering various expenses. These include:
- Full tuition fees, corresponding to the standard level of enrollment in the respective department.
- A stipend that covers living costs and academic expenses, encompassing room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses.
- A travel stipend aimed at covering the cost of an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford University. Furthermore, it’s important to highlight that Knight-Hennessy Scholars have the opportunity to apply for additional funds to support their academic pursuits, such as expenses related to conference travel and other relevant costs
To be considered for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship, applicants must meet specific requirements. Here is a paraphrased version of the requirements:
- Open to All Citizens: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program welcomes applications from citizens of all countries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Any Field: Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Completion of Degree in 2017 or Later: Applicants should have finished their bachelor’s or master’s degree in 2017 or a later year.
- Current College Students: If currently pursuing a first/bachelor’s degree, applicants can still apply as long as they complete their degree before enrolling as a graduate student at Stanford.
- Graduate Degree Holders: Those who already hold a graduate degree can apply for the scholarship in 2024 if their first/bachelor’s degree was earned in 2017 or later.
- English proficiency exam results are not mandatory for applicants who have obtained or anticipate obtaining a degree from a university that exclusively uses English as the language of instruction.
Meeting these requirements is crucial to be eligible for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship. The above information provides a general summary of the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
Applying for the Stanford University Scholarship Program 2023-2024 is done exclusively through an online process. To get started, please click on the provided link and create an account. This will give you access to the online application portal, where you can begin the application procedure.
For more information, please visit the University’s Official Website: https://knight-hennessy.stanford.edu/admission/planning-apply/eligibility