Bell Laboratories, formerly AT&T Bell Laboratories, Inc, under the name Bell Labs, in full Nokia Bell Labs, the research and development arm of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T), long referred to by its name. It is currently operated by the Finnish telecommunications firm Nokia. The main office of the laboratory is based in Murray Hill, New Jersey. Bell Labs researchers are credited with the development of radio astronomy, the transistor, the laser, the photovoltaic cell, the charge-coupled device, information theory, the Unix operating system, and the programming languages B, C, C++, S, SNOBOL, AWK, AMPL and others. Nine Nobel Prizes have been awarded for work done at Bell Laboratories.
Nokia Bell Labs designs the future of technology and continuously pursues opportunities to develop, transform and accelerate communication, by addressing human concerns ahead of their time. Since its inception, the organization has produced thousands of scientific and technical innovations and developed the first synchronous moving image sound system. Today, it represents a worldwide alliance of the most brilliant minds in the world, committed to a combined perspective.
- Host University: Nokia Bell Labs;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Postgraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 100,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: April 1st, 2023.
The Bell Labs Prize is available for International Students (Postgraduate level) in all fields to pursue their studies at the Nokia Bell Labs, USA.
3 candidates will be awarded the prizes listed above, as well as a one-time chance to join the globally known company Nokia Bell Labs in order to expand on their own unique vision:
- 100,000$: For the 1st prize;
- 50,000$: For the 2nd prize;
- 25,000$: For the 3rd prize.
- In order to be approved, candidates are required to have full ownership of their ideas.
- Candidates should be 21 years of age or older and can be trainees from Nokia or Nokia Bell Labs or their subsidiaries. They may compete in teams of up to four people, provided that each team member meets all eligibility requirements.
Interested applicants may inquire about the application process: https://bell-labs.smapply.io/prog/2023_bell_labs_prize/ All eligible candidates will be considered.
All candidates must provide a maximum of 250 words for their idea.
Candidates are required to possess a bachelor’s, a Master’s, or a PhD degree.
Condition of Language:
Participants are required to be confident in the language of instruction.
For more details, please visit the official website: https://www.bell-labs.com/collaboration-opportunities/prize/bell-labs-prize-2023/